No Hunger Oak Park
- Donate Hours doing what you love
- Eliminate hunger in Oak Park in 7 years
- Build a thriving, nourished community
Welcome! This group works to have no hunger in Oak Park in 7 years. Please donate Hours to No Hunger Oak Park. Spend the Hours doing what you love. The Hours you credit to us in our TimeBank account will enable us to build a thriving, nourished community.
First step is to form a Leadership Council of 15 people. Their task will be to add detail to the following plans, guide their implementation, and then to inspire people about their potential to make a difference.
- Year 1: enlist 60 people to donate 8 Hours. This means 480 Hours would be credited to No Hunger Oak Park.
- Year 2: 120 people donate 12 Hours. 1,440 Hours credited to No Hunger OP. The pattern continues, each year doubling the number of donors and increasing by 50% their donations of Hours.
- Year 7: 3,840 people donate 91 Hours. 350,000 Hours (equivalent of 175 full-time staff).
This means that if all goes as hoped, in Year 7 we will have eliminated hunger in Oak Park. The 350k Hours donated (if valued at $15/hour) is equivalent to $5.25 million devoted to eliminating hunger in Oak Park, or $24/week for each of the 4,200 hungry Oak Parkers*.
In Year 7 the time donations will mean a value of $25/week per hungry Oak Parker will be spent to eliminate hunger. This adds $5.25 million more in economic exchanges to the Oak Park economy, which will spillover to other local businesses and result in $7.9 million in Oak Park economic activity. And this will likely mean work available for exchange Hours for Oak Parkers who had been chronically hungry.
* 8% of Oak Park residents lived in poverty in 2012. 8% x 52,000 residents = 4,200 residents lived in poverty and were chronically hungry.
2nd Annual INDOOR Holiday Impromptu Tennis Party - Sat., Dec. 19th Barry Koren ,12/05/2015, 16:22pm
Please join us at our 2nd...
“Try it, you’ll like it! “ Develop strategies to increase the use of TimeBanking: It’s time for us to use the many wonderful assets of all residents, increasing sharing of unmet needs and unused resources. A time bank can help us do that.
A time bank is a tool that matches individuals who have something to share (which is everyone) with individuals and organizations that have needs.
Join us to explore the assets and needs in OPRF that can be matched through TimeBanking and encourage residents to try it.
Our plan for eliminating hunger in Oak Park starts this way. In the first year, enlist 60 people to donate 8 Hours to our TimeBank account. And to facilitate this, form a Leadership Council of 15 people to flesh out the plan and guide this work. More details are in the pdf below.
- 2 of 2